Scratchboard Workshop: Tools, Textures, and Technicolor
Date(s) - Sat - 04/17/2021
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Valley Art Center
Tools, Textures and Technicolor
April 16 & 17, 10am – 4pm
Instructor: Judy Fairley
TWO DAY WORKSHOP
- 2 black scratchboards and 2 Claybords (If needed, Judy can supply 5 x 7 scratchboards and Claybords plus scratching tool for an additional $25, paid in class.)
- Transfer papers in black and white
- Scratchboard tool, or #11 exacto knife
- Small watercolor brush
- Paper towels
- Soft, cotton cloth (old t-shirt is perfect)
- If you have them, bring colored, translucent (not opaque) inks (Judy will have some in class for you to try)
- Bring a few images that you would like to scratch, and your own airbrush, if you have one.
Whether you’re a beginner anxious to give scratchboard a try, or have a lifetime of scratching behind you, this workshop is for you! The Valley Art Center is excited to have longtime, local and nationally known artist, Judy Fairley, help you expand your artistic horizons. She will introduce you to the tried and true scratchboard tools, plus a few new ones; help you express many different textures and teach how to mix repair inks and fix mistakes. Judy will instruct on how to add color to both scratchboard and Claybord using a variety of methods, including airbrush! She will go over the do’s and don’ts of sealing and protecting your work; and, finally, teach all about your framing options. Join us, wear old clothing or an apron, and enjoy becoming a lifelong scratcher!
ALL WORKSHOPS MUST BE PAID A MONTH BEFORE THE WORKSHOP BEGINS
Call (509-758-8331) or stop by (842 6th Street, Clarkston, WA) to to reserve your spot today!