Artists of all skill levels are invited.
Instructor: Carol Triplett
Wednesdays – 6 weeks
1pm – 3pm
March 17th – April 21
Valley Art Center
842 6th Street, Clarkston WA 99403
- Paper Towels and tissues.
- Hand Wipes.
- Watercolor paper of your choice for class work and (prefer ½ sheet of Arches 140# or 300# watercolor paper, Gemni watercolor paper, or watercolor canvas for finished painting (last 2 weeks of class).
- At least 3 brushes #4, #6, #12
- HB Pencil and white eraser.
- Sponges (artist sponges).
- Gator board or similar item to tape your paper to.
- Don’t forget several photos you would like to choose from to use for final painting. Please bring several!
- Prefer artist quality watercolor paints not those designed for youth or students.
- Watercolor pencils if you have them.
In this class we will explore several techniques of doing watercolor and use some of them in a painting. You will learn about various papers and why some work well and some don’t. WARNING: We will use up several pages of paper as we experiment. So don’t be stingy with your paper.
My goal is to break down the idea of “it’s supposed to look this way” to “that’s how I see it.”. In other words, to express the way you see and feel about the subject, whether it be realistic, impressionistic, or abstract. It is after all your painting and you can paint the same scene more than once.
$50 dollar deposit will hold your spot.
ALL CLASSES MUST BE PAID BEFORE THE CLASSES BEGINS
Call (509-758-8331) or stop by (842 6th Street, Clarkston, WA) to to reserve your spot today!