Date(s) - Wed - 01/22/2020
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Valley Art Center
All skill levels
Offered through Valley Art Center
Instructor: Carol Triplett
1pm – 3pm Wednesdays
January 15 – February 19
6 week Course – $120.00
In this class we will explore several techniques of doing watercolor and use some of them in a painting. You will learn about various papers and why some work and some don’t. WARNING: We will use up several pages of paper as we experiment. So don’t be stingy
with your paper.
My goal is to break down the idea of “it’s supposed to look this way” to “that’s how I see it.”. In other words to express the way you see and feel about the subject, whether it be realistic, impressionistic, or abstract. It is after all your painting and you can paint the same
scene more than once.
- Paper Towels and tissues
- Hand Wipes
- Watercolor paper of your choice for class work and (prefer ½ sheet of Arches 140# or 300#, Gemni, or
watercolor canvas for finished painting (last 2 weeks of class).
- At least 3 brushes #4, #6, #12
- HB Pencil and white eraser
- Funny sponges (artist sponges)
- Gator board or similar item to lay your paper on
- Don’t forget several photos you would like to use for final
- Prefer artist quality watercolor paints not those designed
for youth or students.
- Watercolor pencils if you have them
ALL CLASS FEES MUST BE PAID IN ADVANCE
Call (509-758-8331) or stop by (842 6th Street, Clarkston, WA) to to reserve your spot today!