Offered through Valley Art Center
Instructor: Carol Hix
July 12 – August 16
1pm to 3pm
Class Supply List
Watercolors Paint in tubes not dried to palette.
- Alizarine Crimson and Cadmium Red
- Ultramarine Blue and Cobalt blue
- Hansa yellow, Lemon yellow
- Black or Paynes Gray
- White out or other resist
- Palette with large areas to mix paint
- Round Brushes #2, #6, #12
- Flat brushes #2, #6, #12
- Any watercolor papers you may have previously purchased. We will use these for test papers.
- Masking tape
- Container for water
- Board to tape paper to (suggest gaterboard or other water resistant material)
- 1 full sheet 140# Arches, Fredricks, or Gemni 140 cold press cut in 1⁄2 or quarters.
You may bring pictures that you would like to paint. Please be aware of copyright infringement. You may paint other artists work but you can not sell the painting you create. It is better to bring pictures you have taken with your own camera or pictures that someone has given you permission to use. The goal of this class is to make you comfortable with your paint. How and what it can do.
All classes must be paid for before the day of class.